Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Diet Of A Small Bird

Thanks to hospiterization, my Kozakurainko(love bird) lost his weight constantly,and resulted in good health condition, yes, the result is all right.

But I must keep his weight less than the weight at present.

If he again gained weight, I should take him to the hospital again because of liver dysfunction. How can I keep his weight within 56-57g? After consultation with my bird's home doctor, I made up my mind to keep him moving everyday. Of course, the best training for the bird is to let him fly for a distinct time.

However, my Kozakurainko loves to walk rather fly, and I gave up... Yes, he seemed to be trying to fly, with his wings open wider, wider, wider,....and runs this Kozakura! But if so, I must consider alternative way to spend his fat tissue even with running or walking. So I left him in front of the shoes box and call his name, and walk quickly to the opposite side of my house. Kozakurainko was surprised to start running like small chicken walk behind his hen. Length of the walking space is only 8m, but we did twice in a day. At first a few days, it was quite succesful.

He came with running anytime when I call his name.

However, he suddenly found that there is no pleasant in this unexpected play, no feed, no toys. And he learned that if he did not run, I will come to pick him up.

What a clever bird with this very small brain!!! Then, I tried to pay my effort to let him walk. Keeping the distance 30 cm between Kozakurainko and me, watching his eyes in the same height with him,calling his name, I crawled to back, like a cat walking behind keeping his eyes on enemy big cat coming. "Come on , Piro, Piro, come on!"

What a silly walk was I doing for my bird. It was very hard training for me to do that everyday.

But with our such efforts for moving, he can keep his weight within expected range without controlling any diet intake.

Yes, just the same as human being, it is also necessary to keep your bird moving when he loves you very much and follow you.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]