Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box - Just Perfect for Our Feline!

I swear my mother could smell the diarrhea from an ant. I think she made sniffing a favorite past time, because I cannot remember a single day where she wouldn't say "What's that smell?" She'd then get up out of her chair with her head titled at 45 degrees and walk around the house trying to locate the hum that she and she alone could sense. Well, you can just imagine what she was like when there was a genuine reek in the house! Like the time I got a kitten and placed a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box in the kitchen. My Mom was gagging and choking before she even set foot in the house. Honestly, I'm sure it's a physiological condition but she doesn’t see it that way.

To be honest, I think the self cleaning cat litter box is a fantastic piece of kit. There are no special receptacles or waste bags needed, so it therefore saves both time and money. Our self cleaning cat litter box also works with any clumping litter and has a large capacity waste drawer for easy emptying.

There are many different models on the market now days and some even have automated waste raking mechanisms that kick in 10 minutes after the cat has done its business. I've even seen those that supposedly eliminate odors. I and actually thought about getting one of those for the benefit of my Mother's nose, but she'd still smell it with her snout so I decided against the idea. In fact we have to place our self cleaning cat litter box outside when she comes to visit, but she still convinced the stench has embedded itself into the household fabrics.

I know people are spending more on their pets and pet products than ever before, but I think some of the self cleaning cat litter boxes have gone a little over the top price wise. My neighbor spent over $250 for hers and it looks too good to poop in. I think it was called Petmate Purrforma Self-Cleaning Litter box, or something similar. The design is very nice and it's obviously very well built, but honestly, it's only a toilet for Tiddles at the end of the day.

When I was a girl there was no such thing as a self cleaning cat litter box. All we had was what was referred to as the cat tray and it was exactly that, a plastic tray. We used to take it in turns to clean the darn thing out. It was kept in a corner of the kitchen and it wasn't a very nice start the day with pebbles and poops festering next the pedal bin. My mother always used to say the sight and smell of it made her feel physically sick which is perhaps why she never got another cat after Skippy died. Hey, maybe it was the littler box that gave her this obsession with odors?

Whatever, she doesn't have to have cats anymore but we just love the little fur balls in this house. In fact, now that we've invested in our own self cleaning cat litter box, we're even thinking abut getting another kitten now that the hassles of feline hygiene are behind us.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]