Friday, September 29, 2006

Fisherwomen

Just because people in our Society presumes it is a mans sport it is not necessarily so. True when watching shows on TV about Fishing all you is a lot of men. But Women Fish too. I myself prefer the sport of Cat fishing. Now am I a weakling? Yep, I love to catch them and make sure I carry my trusted partner to take them off the hook.

I prefer getting in a boat and going over by the feeder at this small lake we go to that is stocked to the Brim with Cats of all sorts. My biggest catch has been maybe 5.5 lbs (give or take an ounce or two) but my best day was after my Birthday. We were in the boat by the feeder, the lake was quit that day and the fish were really hitting my line. Every time I threw in my Rod U had a hit.

I probably caught close to 20 and could have been more, I was exhausted after pulling in many 3 to 5 lb. Cats. All were Channel and Blue Cats. And here is the kicker…I threw them all back. I don’t want to eat them (not that catfish are bad) just catch them and then release back into the lake. If I had to live and eat meat I raised, Caught, etc. I would have to be a vegetarian.

It was a good day and I remember just being so exhausted but a good type of exhausted. I had fun and that is what mattered to me. This was a few years ago and I have had good days since but there was just something special about that day. I was using actually 2 Rods and I had to finally lay one down as the fish just kept hitting as soon as my bobber hit the water. Yes it was a day to remember.

I am unable to that now as my Disabilities have gotten worse, but you know what? There’s going to come a day I try it and hopefully I will catch even bigger Cats, just so I can let them go. People think I am nuts but I just can’t do it. I love catching them and then just letting them go free and that my friend will never change.

I figure what a man or woman does with his or her fish is their choice. There are many other types of fishing…Bream, Carp (Great Sport Fish), Bass (another Sport Fish), Crappie, Perch, Trout, and many fresh water fish. Maybe I will write an eBook on this subject one day soon. Fishing is for anyone who wants to do it. If you are afraid of the spikes on a Cat Fish make sure you carry someone with you who is not, we all have our fears and that is mine.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]